Those interested in the Teacher Residency Program must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Prior experience working with children is not a requirement; candidates for the program should be eager and enthusiastic learners who enjoy working as part of a team.
Candidates for the program must complete a Lesley University application, including three letters of reference and the Lesley form, transcripts from any undergraduate schools attended, and a written personal statement. The Communication and Literacy MTEL test is recommended prior to starting the program. For those who have taken it, proof may be provided in the application process.
Application materials will first be reviewed by Brookwood School, accepted candidates will then have their applications reviewed by Lesley University.
- Contact the Director of the Teacher Residency Program, Jen Cunningham Butler, either by email email@example.com or phone (978) 526-4500 ext. 6345.
- Set up an interview and send a copy of your resume.
- Visit campus for your interview and spend the day observing class and meeting TAs.
- Complete the Lesley Application (including necessary references and transcripts)
- After consideration by Brookwood School, completed and accepted applications will be forwarded to Lesley University for final approval.
As a TA at Brookwood, I gained valuable classroom experience. I worked closely with teachers who willingly provided feedback and guidance on preparing and teaching lessons. The whole faculty showed a commitment to the program by offering their expertise, which made my experience a very supported and encouraging one.”