Technology and Equipment Support
If you or your child needs technology support to help your child in distance learning, please email email@example.com with the issue you have encountered. A member from our tech team will respond to you within 24 hours during the school week.
*If you submit an email outside our operating hours (8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday), we will respond to you during the next school day.
When you email us, please:
- Describe the problem in as much detail as possible.
- Include the specific type of device that is having the problem (e.g. Windows computer, Macbook Air, iPad, HP Printer 8600)
- Provide us with the best phone number to reach you.
What you can expect of the Brookwood Technology Team:
- Provide you with resources about how to use the tools e.g. install or use software (with your consent and your password).
- Provide resources to problem solve common technology challenges on your device and help you with them.
- Offer advice or suggestions on how you can solve your printing and network-related problems (Please note, we are very limited in what we can do remotely to solve these types of problems).
Types of things that the Brookwood Technology Team cannot fix:
- We cannot do anything to improve the video quality of a Zoom meeting or streaming content
- We cannot fix hardware malfunctions of any kind
- We cannot diagnose or fix problems related to your internet connection
In order to enable productive distance learning, your child will need access to the internet and a smart device or computer for periods of time throughout the school day. We recognize the strain on family devices during this time of remote working and distance schooling and we are committed to working with every family to ensure that all students have flexible access to their school community during this time.
If the number of people in your household who need computing devices exceeds the number of devices you own, we’d love to work with you, as best we can, to borrow the supplies your child needs for the school day. Brookwood has a limited number of Chromebooks that we can loan to families for school work purposes. If we hear from more families than we are able to support, we will prioritize based on highest need (i.e. those who don’t have any devices will get priority over families who have limited number of devices at home for the number needing them).